The university has partnered with International SOS (ISOS), one of the world's leading health & security services companies, to offer our faculty, staff, and students medical, safety, and security advice, referrals, and emotional support when travelling.
- Download the International SOS Assistance App that offers timely medical and security updates on your location.
- Travel with a hard copy of the ISOS electronic membership card
Faculty and Staff resources:
Travel and Field Safety
Prepare for your field trip by reviewing a range of important topics (i.e. Emergency Management; First Aid; Responsibilities; Health; Safety Orientation; Student informed Consent; Vehicle Travel:
The Travel and Field Safety site was developed by Safety & Risk Services at the Okanagan Campus in collaboration with the Field Safety and International Travel Steering Committee, Risk Management Services Vancouver Campus, in conjunction with Human Resources, and Go Global resources from both campuses.
Student Safety Abroad
UBC’s Student Safety Abroad Program supports safe experiences abroad by:
- Offering advice for assessing and mitigating risks
- Making it easier for UBC to assist students if they encounter critical incidents
- Offering a clear and simple process for adjudicating travel proposals and providing tools to prepare students for possible regional hazards.