Faculty, staff, students and UBC guests can plan or book their UBC related travel through Concur or through Vision Travel, a full-service option.
Concur is UBC’s convenient online booking tool for air, car and hotels and is supported by Vision Travel, UBC's travel management provider.
Both traveller and/or travel arranger profiles must be fully completed.
Using UBCs travel program provides:
- duty of care allowing real-time warning and assistance for any threat including major political situations, terrorism threats or natural disasters
- 24/7 booking and airline ticketing services
- All of your bookings are visible in Concur, whether you booked them through Concur or directly with a Vision Travel agent
- Track your unused airline ticket credits
Any post ticketing changes or cancellations, whether it was made in Concur or with Vision Travel agent, contact Vision Travel for assistance.
Contact Vision Travel
New travel reservations changes or complicated itineraries:
604-637-1466 or -844-905-3824 (select option 1)
Concur technical support:
604-637-1466 or -844-905-3824 (select option 4)
When to use Concur or Vision Travel
- do it yourself booking
- one stop shopping for all your air, car and hotel booking needs
- UBC related travel only
- simple point-to-point travel within Canada, the US, or major cities for international destinations
- use it as a planning tool
- require agent assistance
- UBC related or personal travel
- complicated itineraries
- multiple travellers or group bookings
- Through leveraging UBC's purchasing power, get access to various discounts not available through public sites or other services
- Access to a variety of discounted rates, seat sales, and internet fares
- Easily manage itineraries all stored in one place
- E-tickets and e-invoices sent via email from Vision Travel
- Automated travel and health advisories, visa and vaccination requirements, and other important trip information before you travel
- Service assistance available after business hours 24/7
- Traveller tracking and ticketing assistance in case of emergency and/or global incidents
- Securely encrypted credit card data and email notifications when any charges are processed on your credit card, which reduces your risk of fraud
- Lower service fees when using Concur
For the best fares and to be able to compare airlines easily, book online through Concur or UNIGLOBE One Travel.
- Since the airline industry is introducing more restrictive fare types, make sure you review the change and cancel policies.
- UBC discounts do not always represent the most economical fares however Concur or UNIGLOBE One Travel will efficiently compare all airlines to find the most economical fares consistent with the trip
- The least expensive fares have limited inventory and when they sell out, or when the traveler is authorized to travel in a higher fare (i.e. premium economy or business class), UBC's contract fares ensure that we are not paying a premium
- Pay for the trip using credit card programs
- Seat Selection: Reduce the cost of your trip by using the airline website check-in service 24 hours prior to each departure flight and receive free seat selection
- No matter the fare type advance check-in and seat selection is always recommended to avoid the airline bumping you off the flight if they are oversold
- UBC Policy #83 - Travel and Related Expenses allows for the reimbursement of seat selection
Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act (FOIPPA): By using Concur and/or UNIGLOBE One Travel, North South Travel, you are consenting to the disclosure and storage of the information outside Canada for the purpose of facilitating and processing your travel requirements. Your personal information is collected under the authority of section 26(c) of the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act. If you have any questions about the collection of your personal information, contact Judith Fograscher, UBC Travel Manager (Ph: 604-822-5878).