Welcome to UBC. You’ve been registered with UBC as a supplier and we are glad to be doing business with you.
This page provides essential links and guidelines that make conducting business with UBC simple and convenient.
Code of Conduct and Purchase Order Terms and Conditions
For information on the general guidelines and conditions in doing business with the university, please visit the Code of Conduct and Purchase Order Terms and Conditions page.
Invoicing and Payments
For Invoicing, please refer to the Invoicing and Payment page for the full list of billing and invoicing standards
Important things to consider with Invoicing and Payment:
- All invoices should be sent to email@example.com
- All invoices sent to UBC need to include one of the following:
- A UBC Purchase Order (PO) number
- The name of a UBC requestor plus their department, if a PO number was not provided
UBC will not be able to process the invoice for payment if the above criteria are not met.
If you have further questions regarding invoice receipt and payment status, please contact our Integrated Service Centre at firstname.lastname@example.org.
How to Submit Changes
Please reach out to your UBC contact to submit a supplier change request (legal name, address, payment type changes) request on your behalf.
To change legal name, you need to have the following:
- Individual Person identification: birth certificate, certificate of marriage, etc.
- Business identification: CRA registration, Official Memo, etc.
To update payment type, you need to identify first the payment type available for you in consideration of payment currency:
- Cheque payments are available for Canadian and USA suppliers billing in CAD or USD currency. Banking information is not required.
- Electronic Funds Transfers (EFT) payments are available for Canadian suppliers billing in CAD currency.
- Automated Clearing House (ACH) payments are available for US suppliers billing in USD currency. If a US supplier is billing in CAD currency, the method of payment will be via cheque payment.
- Global Disbursement (GDS) payments are available for suppliers outside Canada and USA, the supplier's bank account must be able to accept the currency reflected on the invoice.
There are different requirements for each payment type. Follow the links below for payment type-specific instructions:
- Electronic Fund Transfer (EFT)/Automated Clearing House (ACH) Payments
- Global Disbursement (GDS) Payments
Further details on supplier set-up and changes can be seen on the Supplier Information Requirements Page.
For support or issues related to change requests, invoicing, and billing, contact the Integrated Service Centre through the UBC Self-Service Portal.