When travelling abroad, check if you need a visa or other travel documents by visiting CIBTvisas.
Save time and money planning and booking your trip. Enjoy a range of service, security and benefits and automatically receive prior and/or during your travel:
- Notifications on visa requirements
- Travel and health advisories
- Passport expiry reminders
If you purchase your Visa through CIBT, check UBC Account details here
A valid passport is required for all US and international travel. Please make sure that your passport:
- has a valid expiration date more than six months from the trip return date
- is in good condition and is not frayed or torn
- has a minimum of two blank pages for Immigration stamps
For assistance, call CIBTvisas at 888-665-9956 between 5:30am-6:00pm Pacific Mon-Fri.
Before making travel arrangements outside of Canada, we recommend you review these resources:
- Travel reports and warnings.
- Entry, exit and transit visa requirements.
- Registration of Canadians Abroad is a free service that keeps travellers connected to Canada in case of an emergency abroad, such as an earthquake, civil unrest or an emergency in Canada.
- Travel health notices.
- Canadian's guide to healthy travel abroad.
- Pack smart provides information on how to make the pre-flight screening process as smooth as possible.
Canadian citizens travelling outside of Canada should verify the expiry date on their passport and ensure that the passport is valid while travelling. Many countries require passports have a minimum of six months validity. For passport information, see Passport Canada and this Step-by-Step Guide.
UBC travellers who are not Canadian citizens should contact the Consular or Embassy of the country of your nationality.