University travellers and guests of UBC have access to many hotel discounts and corporate programs within Canada and abroad.
UBC Travel provides access to a variety of discounts as listed below, in addition to the corporate rates offered by our travel management company Direct Travel and our preferred rates with Best Western.
How to Book Hotels
We recommend booking hotels for university-related travel (e.g. employees, guests, etc.) through:
- Concur, UBC's secure online booking tool or
- Call an agent at Direct Travel during business hours 604-637-1466 or toll-free 1-844-905-3824
Both methods will save you time searching on various websites and provide you with a quick rate comparison on all corporate rates (CAUBO, BC Gov. Direct Travel, Best Western)
When do you require a profile in Concur?
Profile set up is required in Concur for:
- UBC employees - traveller and travel arranger
Profile set up is not required in Concur for non-employees
A UBC employee with a profile in Concur can use the guest booking feature in Concur or call Direct travel to book for:
- guests or
- non-UBC employees
Booking Hotel at UBC and Best Western
- You may book directly on UBC's or Best Western sites for business or leisure travel with no booking fees.
- Concur and Direct Travel have UBC's policy configured into the search systems along with the various rate/corporate booking codes.
- If you don't see the appropriate rate code or hotel or need help please contact Direct Travel for immediate assistance during business hours 604-637-1466 or toll-free 1-844-905-3824
- Change or cancel bookings: Bookings are easily managed within Concur even if it was booked with an agent at Direct Travel it is also visible in Concur.
- Book your airline ticket and accommodations (conference and/or hotel) on the same reservation record to avoid any additional booking fees and to ensure excepted or unexpected itinerary changes will be efficiently and accurately updated on all segments of your itinerary.
- By using the UBC Travel Program there are additional duty of care/emergency travel services automatically provided. We will send email alerts when emergency situations arise and it's always a good idea to have your mobile phone include in your traveller profile for flight delay and cancellation updates.
- Corporate rates are not prepaid. Unlike online bookings sites (Expedia, Bookings.com etc.) payments are made to the hotel upon check out and not at time of booking.
- Prepaid bookings may have slightly lower rates but generally have more restrictive rules and in the event of a cancellation additional monitoring is required because any refunds if applicable, will go back to the original form of payment and the department would have to exclude these amounts from expense reimbursement requests.
Best Western (worldwide)
- Discounted rates at over 4,000 hotels worldwide
- Includes Best Western Plus & Best Western Premier locations
- UBC discounts are available for both business or leisure bookings
- If booking directly click on the Best Western link or phone 1-800-780-7234 (toll free) or 1-800-528-2222 (hearing impaired)
- Register for BW rewards program
- UBC staff, faculty and UBC guests are eligible for provincial government negotiated hotel rates for participating hotels in BC
- BC Gov rates only apply for hotels in BC
- These rates are intended for UBC related business travel only
- UBC identification or a UBC letter of reference may be requested upon check-in
- Generally, these rates are the least expensive. However, hotels may have limited inventory and are not always available. In this case, we recommend the CAUBO rates (see below) or request UBC corporate rates
CAUBO (outside of BC)
- When a hotel is required outside of BC, travellers are entitled to CAUBO (Canadian Association of University Business Officers) rates
- CAUBO rates are available through Concur or Direct Travel
- Identification may be requested upon check-in
- The only all-suite hotel on the UBC Point Grey campus available year round
- Convenient location in the heart of campus
- 47 spacious, fully equipped one-bedroom contemporary suites
To book a room, contact 604-822-1000 or toll free 1-888-822-1030. For group sales, contact 604-822-1060.
- Short-term guest accommodation option for faculty, researchers or special guests visiting UBC on academic business, and for students attending short courses, conferences and workshops
- Standard and Premium Guest House Rooms are available year-round and provide private bathrooms, internet and telephone access, and in-suite coffee and tea selections
- Single Rooms and Studio Rooms are simple and economic options, located inside student residence with bed, bathroom and internet access
To inquire about availability, please call 604-822-8660 or e-mail.
- Convenient location on UBC Point Grey Campus
- Located a block from the Village, shops, restaurants, public transportation, UBC Hospital
- Within walking distance to the TRIUMF Laboratory
To reserve a room, complete the online booking form.