Services Levy

The UBC services levy is used to run the community centres, and athletic and cultural facilities, and to maintain public spaces and infrastructure within UBC neighbourhoods.

The Services Levy Notices are mailed out in mid-June annually.

Get more information, including the different uses and billing. Please contact Revenue Accounting at 604-822-3596 or with any questions.

Access your account balance online

Visit the Services Levy website where you can search for property information by typing in your access code and your address or roll number. You can find your access code on the top right-hand corner of your Services Levy Statement.

Check your balance now 

What is the Services Levy?

The services levy is like the municipal portion of property taxes for residential properties on UBC’s campus. Property owners on UBC’s campus pay a Rural Tax to the Province of British Columbia and the Services Levy to UBC. The two added together are the same as the City of Vancouver municipal tax due on a property with the same assessed value. 

  • You receive two invoices—Rural Tax invoice from the province and Services levy invoice from UBC—but are not paying taxes twice.
  • Please do not send your payment of the Rural Property Tax to UBC.  Call the Rural Property Tax office at 1-250-387-0555 or toll free in Vancouver at 604-660-2421 or email at for its payment information.