UBC recommends the use of the UBC VISA corporate credit card program to pay for UBC related travel through Concur or Direct Travel.
There are two distinct credit card types:
- Individual card for UBC employees who travel frequently.
- Departmental card for UBC guest, non-employee, student or infrequent employee travel.
Department Managers and/or Administrators should advise the employee/traveller which UBC credit card type they should use. If the employee is authorized to have a UBC individual card the application process must commence though the employee portal in Workday.
Credit card security and storage
- Credit card numbers are automatically encrypted and securely stored in Concur and with Direct Travel
- Employees no longer need to physically share card numbers which reduces the risk of fraud
- Once the credit card information is entered into Concur, it is available for both Concur and Direct Travel booking options
- Individual UBC credit card numbers should be stored in the traveller’s Concur profile (not the arranger’s profile)
- UBC departmental card numbers should be stored in the arranger’s (Department Manager and/or Administrator) Concur profile