When travelling, we recommend that you consider the use of one of our preferred airlines.
These preferred airlines offer discounts off select airfares and are only available through UBC's travel program booking methods. To protect credit card and personal data, employees will need a profile for both the traveller and travel arranger.
To be compliant with UBC Business Expenses Policy (FM8) and Business Expense Rules travellers and/or travel arrangers should choose flights by the lowest fare (UBC preferred or non-preferred airlines), and on the most direct route. The selection of fare type and airline should not be solely based on the accumulation of frequent traveller points or benefits.
- Discounts are offered on UBC preferred airlines, on select airfare types, and are subject to availability
- Where available the discounts will automatically be applied to the fare quotes visible in Concur or advised by the travel advisor.
- Discounted fares are only available through Concur or DirectTravel.
- Air Canada - new discount agreement with the BC Government (effective Jan 2021)
- Includes Lufthansa (AC or LH Codeshare flights)
- Cathay Pacific
- American Arilines
- Delta, KLM (points can be earned by the traveller and UBC)
Frequent Traveller Programs
UBC's Travel policy allows for the accumulation of frequent traveller points, however, airfare selection should not be based on the frequent traveller programs but on the lowest fare and the most direct route. The points earned by UBC-related travel should be put towards future UBC travel.
Register for frequent traveller programs with any or all of the airlines below. To ensure the automated accumulation of points, insert the membership number into your UBC Concur traveller profile.
To avoid booking errors and non-tracking of points, use your full legal name for your frequent traveller accounts, which match your travel documents and your Concur Traveller profile.