When using couriers, reduce your carbon footprint by exploring the various ways to ship your items more sustainably.
Choosing a courier that embraces sustainability will not only reduce the footprint of your shipment but will also encourage other couriers to improve their sustainability practices.
- Couriers and vendors that use sustainable packaging materials, and low carbon methods of transportation.
- Paperless ordering
- Recycled content packaging
- Recyclable or compostable package filling (i.e. corrugated paper vs. Styrofoam)
- Online ordering services (paperless)
- Couriers with a low-emissions fleet (hybrid or electric vehicles)
- Consolidate orders to reduce number of shipments required
- If possible, coordinate deliveries with others shipping to the same location
- Packaging made with virgin paper, or with no recycled content
- Petroleum-based packaging materials (i.e. Styrofoam, plastics)
- Couriers with paper-only ordering services
- Couriers with a fossil fuel only vehicle fleet
Where to Purchase
Tips and Resources
- Smart tips for eco-friendly, cost-effective shipping
- Shift delivery - within downtown Vancouver