T4 / T4A tax slips for faculty & staff are now available

Thursday, February 22, 2024

UBC issues tax slips online as PDFs that are identical to the printed form and are accepted by the Canada Revenue Agency (CRA) when filing your taxes. 

UBC faculty and staff can now access their payroll-related 2023 T4 and T4A tax slips for personal income tax returns through Workday.

  • Current employees with active CWL can refer to the Find My T4 guide in the Workday Knowledge Base for instructions on how to access their tax slips through Workday.
  • Former employees can access their tax slips through Workday using their existing CWL within 18 months of leaving UBC. Former employees and employees on leave will also be mailed a paper copy of their T4 through Canada Post.

If you need help resetting or recovering your CWL log in, see the How do I reset or recover my CWL/EAD account password guide in the IT Knowledge Base or contact the UBC IT Service Centre.

If you have questions about the information on your T4 or T4A slip, please submit a Workday support request, using the category Payroll, through the UBC Self Service Portal. Former employees can contact the Integrated Service Center by emailing info.support@ubc.ca. Please include the Tax form name and year in your email subject line. You can also call 604-822-8200 (UBCV) or 250-807-8163 (UBCO) for Workday support between 8 am to 5 pm (Mon to Fri).

For more information on taxes and deductions, visit the T4/T4A FAQ or the Your Taxes page.

Please note: UBC staff cannot offer tax advice. Please contact the Canada Revenue Agency if you require assistance filing your income tax return. For more information, visit the CRA website.