Suppliers must follow the guidelines below when providing their banking information or updating their information.
Please note, business processes have changed with the launch of Workday. All UBC Workday users have access to submit supplier information changes in Workday. Suppliers cannot update their existing information in Workday directly. Please contact your UBC requestor to submit change requests on your behalf.
For more information and training please refer to the "how-to" resources below in the Self-Service Knowledge Base.
Banking Information & Banking Information Changes
To set up or update banking details, complete UBC’s standalone Electronic Funds Transfer (EFT) form for Canadian or Automated Clearing House (ACH) form for US suppliers, and follow the instructions on the forms for submission.
For cheque payments, banking information is not required. Cheques can be issued in Canadian or US currency to suppliers in Canada and the USA only.
For EFT or ACH setup or update requests, one of the following three options is required to be attached with the completed and signed EFT/ACH Request form, and ensure that the supplier/payee name matches the bank account name.
- Attach a physical voided cheque to the EFT/ACH Request form. The account name on the cheque must show the name printed by the bank and must not be altered in any form.
- Download a void cheque from your bank’s online banking portal, have it stamped by your financial institution, and attach it to the EFT/ACH Request form.
- Complete the banking details in the EFT/ACH Request form and have it stamped by your financial institution.
Other supporting documents for banking information, such as a bank letter, direct deposit information form, or e-cheque are also accepted if they are stamped by your financial institution.
If this is a new supplier setup request, please attach the required form and documents for direct deposit setup using the Self-Registration link. Alternatively, UBC Workday users can submit the request in Workday.
UBC Workday users can submit any change requests for a supplier's banking details in Workday. Suppliers cannot update their existing information in Workday directly.
After receiving the EFT/ACH change request in Workday, the UBC supplier specialist team will send you further instructions in an email regarding verbal confirmation of specific information. This is an extra security measure to protect the university and its suppliers from potential fraud.
Suppliers outside Canada and the United States
Review information on the Global Disbursement Service used by UBC to make international payments.
- Electronic Funds Transfers (EFT) payments are available for Canadian suppliers billing in CAD currency.
- Automated Clearing House (ACH) payments are available for US suppliers billing in USD currency. If a US supplier is billing in CAD currency, the method of payment will be via cheque payment.
- For Global Disbursement (GDS) payments, the supplier's bank account must be able to accept the currency reflected on the invoice.
Legal Name and Address Changes
Please note, business processes have changed with the launch of Workday. All UBC Workday users have access to submit supplier information changes in Workday. Suppliers cannot update their information in Workday directly. For more information and training, UBC requestors can refer to the "how-to" resources in the Self-Service Knowledge Base (CWL required):
Suppliers cannot update their information in Workday directly. Please work with your UBC contact to submit a supplier change request on your behalf and include a copy of the following relevant documentation:
- Individual Person identification: birth certificate, certificate of marriage, etc.
- Business identification: CRA registration, Official Memo, etc.
Change requests for legal name and address details should be submitted directly to the supplier's UBC contact.
UBC Workday users can submit change requests on behalf of a supplier to update the supplier's legal name and address in Workday.