Browse through our frequently asked questions on taxes and services levy to find your anwser. Use keywords, and not full sentences, to improve your search results. If you can't find the answer to your questions please send us an email.
Frequently Asked Questions
The services levy funds collected by UBC are deposited in the Neighbours’ Fund, which funds the University Neighbourhoods Association Operating Budget. Money in the Neighbours’ Fund is used to provide the following municipal-like services to people living at UBC:
- Community programming such as community centre and recreational services.
- The Community Services Card, which gives residents access to the UBC and Vancouver Public Libraries, UBC Rec, UBC Botanical Gardens as well as other Campus discounts.
- Street lighting.
- Road, gutter and sidewalk maintenance.
- Sustainability initiatives such as composting and recycling.
- Water, sewage and draining systems for UBC common areas (Note: water and sewer usage is billed directly by UBC Utilities).
- Budget reserve funds (e.g., infrastructure replacement).
- Operations, administration and financial management.
- Property Management (through UBC Properties Trust).
Visit the University Neighbourhoods Association for more details.
The services levy is invoiced annually in June, due middle of July. It covers the current calendar year (January to December).
Queries regarding your assessed value should be directed to the B.C. Assessment Authority at 1-866-825-8322.
- No more results