Use this guide to understand your earnings, taxes and deductions that are between the pay period of January 2020 to October 2020.
Your current pay statements show your total earnings and deductions for the year for each item.
- HN1: One-time honorarium payment for services beyond the usual job scope/requirements.
- Regular: Regular salary.
- RetroFel: Retroactive Fellowship earnings.
- Ret Top: Retroactive TOP - used to calculate benefit rates when your salary was temporarily lower (e.g. when you are on leave) - not payable.
- Retroactive Pay: Retroactive regular pay that was missed or late (for example, when a pay increase comes through after the date it is to start).
- Retronopay: Not paid - it represents the amount of retroactive earnings that pension was calculated and contributed on for Retro Pay.
- Top Up: An amount used to calculate benefit rates at full pay during a period when your salary is temporarily lower (e.g. when you are on leave) - not payable.
- Top Pen: An amount used to calculate pension rates at full pay - not payable.
- Top BGLPEN: An amount used to calculate Pension and Life Insurance rates at full pay - not payable.
- UI Rebate: Employment Insurance grants UBC a rebate on EI premiums, because UBC's sick leave plans are above average.
- Income Tax (T4): Regular income tax.
- Income Tax (T4A): Income tax deducted on special types of payments, such as Fellowship, Maternity Top up, and Research Grants.
- AAPS: M&P dues.
- EFAP: Employee and Family Assistance Program. For more information, see your benefits.
- StaPension: Staff Pension.
- FacPension: Faculty Pension.