UBC has a self-service portal where employees can view and update their Personal and Payroll information.
What you can see
What you can do
- Update your Address, phone, email, and emergency contact(s)
- Apply for tuition waivers
- Apply for jobs at UBC
How to Sign Up
You will need three pieces of information to log in to self-service for the first time:
- Your birthdate.
- Your employee number (available from the administrator in your department).
- Your PIN (a 4-digit security number available from the administrator in your department).
Self-service will allow terminated employees to continue using the service for 18 months if they set up access.
Off-Campus and Wireless Access
The security of employee data is very important. As part of the security of the self-service application, it requires that a wireless or off-campus user be connected to the campus network through a Virtual Private Network (VPN). To set up your computer for VPN connection please visit IT's myVPN page for instructions.
Help with Common Self-Service Access Issues
If you run into difficulties using self-service, check for answers here to your frequently asked questions about the faculty and staff self-service online application. If you don’t see the answer to your question below, please contact us.
There are three reasons for this:
- You are an inactive employee. The self-service application only allows employees to set up their access while they are active, or for 18 months after employment ends.
- Birthdate is wrong in the HR database. Sometimes numbers in your birthdate may have been mis-keyed or reversed (day vs month for example). Please contact your payroll service rep to see if that is the case.
- You are a brand-new employee. New employees may not yet have been set up on the HR database.
For those who have multiple CWL IDs, you will be given the option to designate one CWL account when you first access the self-service application. You will be required to use this designated CWL account for all subsequent visits to this service. If you cannot remember which one you used, please contact IT Services helpdesk.
Sometimes the application doesn't refresh properly. Clear your browser cache, close it, and try again.
The security of employee data is very important. As part of the security of the self-service application, it requires that a wireless or off-campus user be connected to the campus network. This prevents hackers from accessing the system.
UBC allows users to connect to its network through a Virtual Private Network (VPN). This makes a secure connection to the UBC network, through which you can receive data from sensitive applications like Employee Self Service. Visit IT services to learn how to set up VPN connection on your computer.
There are several options when printing to a home or office printer. See detailed instructions.