Tuition waivers are available to eligible staff and faculty members, and eligible dependents of staff and faculty members.
This benefit covers the cost of UBC undergraduate and graduate credit courses, as well as non-credit courses offered by UBC Extended Learning, up to a maximum number of credits or tuition amount. Information included here is to help you apply for and manage your tuition waivers.
Staff Tuition Waivers
- Eligibility generally requires at least three months of service (12 months for hourly staff) and at least 50% FTE. Check the specific eligibility requirements for your employment group. Some waivers can be transferred to your spouse or children.
- Tuition costs for up to 12 credits of undergraduate credit courses per year. This benefit can be transferred to your spouse or children.
- The dollar equivalent in tuition for non-credit courses offered by UBC Extended Learning. This benefit cannot be transferred to your spouse or children.
- Management staff and non-union technicians are eligible for waivers for graduate-level courses and programs. This benefit cannot be transferred to spouses or children.
- Credit Waivers: Register for all courses and then apply for a waiver through Employee Self Service.
- Extended Learning: Obtain the course number online or from the Extended Learning catalogue, and then apply for a waiver through Employee Self Service. The waiver will be sent to Extended Learning and used to register you. Do not register for your course before obtaining a waiver
Faculty Tuition Waivers
- Eligibility generally requires the Faculty member be a member of the Faculty Association and at least 50% FTE. Check the specific eligibility requirements.
- Tuition costs for up to 12 credits of undergraduate or graduate credit courses per year for yourself. Extended Learning courses are not covered.
- Up to 120 credits of undergraduate courses for your dependent children under the age of 25. Get more details.
Register for all courses and apply for a waiver through www.msp.ubc.ca.