Non-Payroll T4A Tax Forms

T4As are somewhat of a 'catch-all' slip for reporting income that is not reported on other information slips.

At UBC, the most common T4A payments are payments for services, as well as scholarships and bursaries.

Some other examples of income that is reported on a T4A are:

  • Lump-sum payments
  • Qualifying retroactive lump-sum payments
  • Patronage payments
  • Registered education savings plan (RESP)
  • Tax-free savings account (TFSA)

T4A reporting is managed by Financial Operations (Accounts Payable), and the slips are produced prior to the last day of February after the calendar year to which the T4A applies.

Further information on T4A reporting can be found on the Canada Revenue Agency website.

If after filing your taxes you realize an error was made, you will have to amend the T4A slip.