Staples Business Advantage
Since 2003, UBC has worked with Staples Business Advantage (SBA) as a preferred vendor to supply office materials and related goods to the campus community.
The most recent contract with SBA has been in effect since October 1, 2017, and for the first time includes copy paper.
Campus users can order on SBA’s online ordering platform eway.ca. Order delivery and optional billing are managed through the UBC Bookstore.
Consolidating the ordering of office supplies and paper through eway.ca supports UBC’s sustainability initiatives. Users also have streamlined access to a wide range of competitively-priced, commonly consumed office supplies and other related items, value-added benefits, and dedicated account managers.
Review these Common Questions to learn more about the new agreement.
UBC has signed a new Agreement with Staples Business Advantage, who continues to be the university’s preferred supplier of office supplies. Additionally, Staples Business Advantage became the preferred supplier of copy paper. Existing users of Staples Business Advantage will experience little or no change. The ordering may be placed on eway.ca while order delivery and optional billing will be managed through the UBC Bookstore.
As part of the Integrated Renewal Program (IRP), Staples Business Advantage catalogue will be accessible in Workday via punch out catalogues starting in April 2020. More information to come soon!
The contract commenced effective on October 1, 2017 and expires on April 30, 2022.
- UBC will have streamlined access to a wide range of competitively priced, commonly consumed office supplies and other related items.
- Value added benefits (at no cost to UBC) include: training seminars, sampling of private label products, and sustainability initiatives.
- Dedicated Account Managers will be available to support users with their office supplies requirements.
- Simple online ordering is available through eway.ca, the dedicated website of Staples Business Advantage. By April 2020, the catalogue purchases will be integrated to Workday via punch out.
- Distribution of office supplies on the Point Grey campus through the UBC Bookstore means fewer vehicles on campus, which supports safety and UBC’s sustainability values.
All UBC faculty and staff may order basic office supplies, copy paper, toner and ink (other than for MDFs), furniture (items that are portable), breakroom and facilities-related consumables, IT supplies (small IT items, accessories related to devices and peripherals).
Orders can be placed directly with Staples Business Advantage via www.eway.ca utilizing a UBC credit card or Bookstore Open Account as payment mechanisms. In order to maximize the sustainability benefit, please avoid placing orders below $50.
For UBC Point Grey, the Bookstore will receive all supplies and a maximum of 3 cartons of paper and deliver it to you within 2 business days via campus mail.
Paper orders 4+ cartons will be delivered on Monday, Wednesday, and Fridays, by Staples Business Advantage driver.
The orders for UBC Okanagan and other UBC locations will be delivered directly by Staples Business Advantage or via courier service within 2 business days.
Cut off time to guarantee these delivery times is 4:00PM
Submit an Update Existing Open Account Form to the UBC Bookstore (not required for UBCO or if using UBC Visa only)
- Supplier Category:
- Office Supplies