Vendors - Top Questions

These are the five most common questions we're asked about vendors at UBC. If you have a question that you can't find the answer to, please contact the Customer Support Centre.

How can I get a payment status update of my invoice to UBC?

The fastest way to get a payment status update is to contact the purchase requestor (primary contact) or department that you are invoicing.

Who can sign up for Direct Deposit (EFT - CAD / ACH - USD)?

Any vendor who has a bank account in Canada can sign up for payment by electronic fund transfer (EFT), and any vendor with a US bank account can sign up for payment by automated clearing house (ACH). This is the fastest and most secure way for vendors to get paid by UBC after goods and services are rendered. If you would like to receive payment through EFT or ACH please use the forms below:

How do I know if a vendor is setup in EFT/ACH?

UBC employees with access to FMS nQuery can look up vendor payment information. If you don't have access to FMS nQuery please connect with your department's finance personnel to help you to look up  vendor information. 

How often is the pay cycle in EFT/ACH?

The EFT payment cycle for Canadian vendors is run every day. The ACH payment cycle for US vendors is done three times per week (Monday, Wednesday, and Friday).

What is the difference between wire transfers and EFT/ACH?

Wire transfers are for international payments and different currencies, excluding CAD and USD, and require a form to be filled out for each transfer. There is a $7.00 administrative fee for each transaction. Wire transfer completion can take 5-10 business days.

  • EFT (Electronic Fund Transfer) is for Canadian vendors and requires a Canadian bank account.
  • ACH (Automated Clearing House) is for US-based vendors and requires a US bank account.