Change Floats

Departments that transact with the general public such as bookstore and food services may need to keep cash floats at their retail outlets. These are called Change Floats.

These retail units exchange cash notes and/or coins from their Change Float with their respective Coinage Account by means of an Intria cash order service.

Procedures for departments to set up a new Change Float

  1. Obtain a Coinage Account via Treasury
  2. Financial Operations adds department to the Brinks contract
  3. Contact Vendor setup and set up the department's Coinage Account as a UBC vendor, with the Coinage bank account details for EFT payment
  4. Complete a Q Requisition for the float amount to be paid to its Coinage Account.
  5. Submit cash/coin order to Intria.
  6. Intria delivers cash/coin order to department and debit department's respective coinage account.
  7. Count and reconcile your Change Float balance on a regular basis (responsibility for over/under)

For Intria and coinage account set up please contact Otto Wong