T2200S forms for faculty & staff are now available

Monday, February 27, 2023

The Canada Revenue Agency (CRA) continues to offer two ways employees may be able to claim home office expenses for the 2022 tax year.

This means eligible employees working from home during COVID-19 have two options to claim home office expenses: the temporary flat rate method and the detailed method. Full information about both options is available on the Claiming Employment Expenses page.

The second of these CRA options requires the T2200S tax form, which is produced by employers for their employees to use as applicable.

How to access the T2200S Form 

UBC has now created T2200S for all UBC-employed faculty and staff for use in their personal tax returns as appropriate. For instructions on how to access your T2200S form:

  • Current employees: see the Find My T2200S Tax Form guide in the Workday Knowledge Base
  • Former employees: search and run the T2200S(21) Declaration of Conditions of Employment - Former Worker Report in Workday. Your Employee ID will be required for accessing the form.

How to request support

If you need help with accessing the T2200S form, please submit a Workday support request, using the category Payroll, through the UBC Self Service Portal.

Former employees can contact the Integrated Service Center by emailing info.support@ubc.ca. Please include "T2200S support" in your email subject line. You can also call 604-822-8200 (UBCV) or 250-807-8163 (UBCO) for Workday support between 8:00 am to 5:00 pm (Monday to Friday).

If you need help resetting or recovering your CWL log in to access Workday, see the How do I reset or recover my CWL/EAD account password guide in the IT Knowledge Base or contact the UBC IT Service Centre.

Please remember that it is up to the employee to self-determine which — if any — of the options for claiming home office expenses they should pursue, as well as the official details of their deductions (and to maintain receipts and backup documentation for any deductions claimed). Employees are encouraged to consult with personal tax advisors as necessary.

Please note: UBC staff cannot offer tax advice. Please contact the Canada Revenue Agency if you require assistance filing your income tax return. For more information, visit the CRA website.